CellSystems laboratory facilities are DIN ISO 9001:2008 certified for skin equivalent production and contract testing services.
CellSystems laboratory facilites are specialized in research, development and production of primary cell culture systems, stem cell culture systems as well as 3-dimensional cell culture models
CellSystems core expertise is the manufacture of three dimensional, reconstructed human skin equivalents for regulatory toxicology and research purposes. We also manufacture customized reconstructed skin equivalents and offer a wide range of services including contract research, in vitro assay development and toxicological in vitro studies.
Contract Research / Development
In vitro cell culture systems offer a variety of alternative techniques and test methods:
- Non-destructive assays for cell viability
- Measuring of proinflammatory mediators
- Protein profiling (ELISA & multiparameter analysis)
- Characterization of cell surface proteins and intracellular proteins
- Proliferation studies on primary cells and cell lines
- Histology & immunohistochemistry
- Lipid profiling
- Photo(cyto)toxicity testing
- Molecular biology analysis
- Further services upon request
Toxicological In Vitro Studies
For in vitro compound hazard identification studies, we offer a set of protocols that comply with regulatory guidelines and requirements. Either single human or mouse cell culture systems, or organotypic tissue models like our Human Epidermis Equivalent epiCS are used for testing.
- In vitro Skin Corrosion (OECD TG 431)
- In vitro Skin Irritation (OECD TG 439)
- Basal Cytotoxicity testing using the BALB/c 3T3 Neutral Red Uptake Assay
Our team of experienced technicians and senior scientists is available to meet your specific requirements. Your tests are carried out in our ISO 9001:2008 certified laboratories, which meet the highest standards of Good Laboratory Practice.